PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Provide
When using our services, you may voluntarily provide certain information about yourself or others, such as when you create an account or book a reservation. We may collect Personal Information (information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable person) about yourself or others such as:
• Name, date and place of birth, passport and visa information;
• Postal address;
• Telephone number;
• Email address;
• Information that allows us to provide specialized services to you or fulfill special requests, such as accommodating health or dietary conditions, but we do not collect sensitive information about you, such as health information, except as reasonably needed for us to provide services to you;
• Credit or debit card number, expiration date and security code;
• Social media account information;
• Stay or trip information and preferences, such as your preferred location/facilities, dates and number of people/children traveling with you;
• Demographic information (age, gender, country and preferred language);
• IP address; and
• Preferences for receiving communications from us or for surveys or promotional offers.
Automatically Collected Information
Our websites collect statistical information about users to ensure a welcoming and accessible website. For this purpose we may track your movement within the websites, the pages from which you were referred, access times and browser types. We only use this information in aggregate and do not link it to you personally. To gauge the effectiveness of our websites and analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, we do collect some generic information about our visitors. Our web servers recognize and automatically log a visitor’s domain name, the web page from which a visitor enters our websites, which pages a visitor visits and for how long, and the visitor’s IP address. We may use anonymous tracking technologies to collect, store and sometimes track information for statistical purposes and to improve the services we provide, including using it to evaluate and improve our website. We also collect and store information automatically using cookies and similar technology as described below.
This information does not constitute Personal Information. If we combine anonymized or aggregated data with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information according to this Privacy Notice.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
• Processing, fulfilling and recording reservations and/or purchases;
• Billing your credit card for advance purchase reservations and advance deposits;
• Contacting you for confirmation or customer service after reservations and purchases are made or after you sign up for or participate in certain activities;
• Conducting statistical or demographic analysis
• Tracking reservations and corresponding resort stays;
• Sending you emails that relate to a resort stay;
• Sending you communications such as guest surveys or promotional offers and benefits;
• Communicating special offers, competitions and featured items if you choose to receive such notices;
• Responding to your inquiries, complaints and other communications; and
• Providing for the safety and security of our guests and staff and meeting our legal and regulatory compliance requirement.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We only process and share your Personal Information, including sharing with service providers or other external entities, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and meet our legitimate business and legal objectives. When we disclose Personal Information to external entities to perform services for us, we establish by contract that they may access your Personal Information only for the purposes of performing those services. We may also use what we know about you to offer you other products and services. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have. We may also use and disclose certain Personal Information to our affiliated companies and others for any purpose allowed by law.
We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
• Provide you with products and services, including authenticating authorized users, and marketing our products and services;
• Perform certain services or other transactions initiated by you;
• Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our product or services or those of our member hotels;
• Send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you;
• Enable our advertisers, where appropriate, to provide you with more personalized content, and track the effectiveness of certain advertising campaigns;
• Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
• Help us run our business; or
• For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Site administration.
EXPLAINING THE LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
The legal bases for collecting and processing your Personal Information includes:
• Consent – we collect and process your data with your consent e.g. when you tick a box to receive marketing communication.
• Legal compliance – if required by applicable law, e.g. police, fraud investigations or court orders, we may need to collect and process your data.
• Legitimate interest – to pursue our legitimate interests such as providing services and products you have requested in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
We use reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect Personal Information contained in our system against misuse, loss or alteration. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We cannot enforce or control the security of the computers, electronic devices, or electronic communication method that you use to send e-mails and submit Personal Information to us over the Internet. You are responsible for ensuring that the computers, electronic devices and electronic communication methods you utilize will provide adequate security for communicating with us. We are not responsible for the disclosure or interception of your Personal Information before we receive it.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
You do not have to provide us with your Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information we request and/or require consent to its use and disclosure, you will still be able to use our services but you may be unable to access certain options, products or services and in we may not, as a result, be unable to fulfil your booking.
We offer you the choice of how you receive communications from us. All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive marketing you may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the opt-out section of the marketing communication or changing your account settings, this will remove you from our marketing lists. You have the right to tell us to stop using your information for our direct marketing purposes. Please send your written request, including your name and contact information to the address listed below in How To Contact Us. We will honor your request within 30 days of receiving it or sooner if required by applicable law. Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding your booking and responses to your enquiries made to us, and that we may hold your details so we do not send you marketing communications in the future.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 15, though we may collect Personal Information about a child as part of the guest registration process or to participate in activities on the websites or at the resorts but always with the consent of a parent or guardian.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever we collect or process your Personal Information, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, active legal proceedings, an identifiable and ongoing legal business need (such as record keeping) and to the extent permissible by applicable law.
Where there is no sufficient justification to retain such Personal Information, such Personal Information will be safely and securely deleted, disposed of, blocked and/or anonymised for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
MEXICO’S FEDERAL LAW FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Analytical and Performance Cookies
We may use analytics service providers for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about the use of the websites by using cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how often visitors return to the websites, how long they stay and how visitors move around our websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, it helps users to find what they are looking for easily. The information generated relating to the websites may be used to create reports about the use of the websites and the analytics service provider will store this information.
Advertising and Targeting Cookies
We may use functional cookies that allow us to remember choices you have made on the websites so as to provide you with a more enhanced user experience by delivering content specific to your interests.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are required for the administration and operation of our websites. Some cookies that we use are necessary for our websites to function properly and to enable you to move around the websites and use its features.